[Nfbsf] Elected Chapter Officer Duties

Tim Elder tim at timeldermusic.com
Thu Feb 19 03:21:40 UTC 2015

Hi Christina,

I'll respond to you here on the list for the benefit of others.  The
position really is what you make it.  We all work as a team to promote the
meetings and activities.  Besides the description below, the Secretary is
generally expected to keep meeting notes and the Treasurer keeps track of
the bank account and co-signs checks for expenses.  The President generally
convenes the meeting and the Vice President is generally available to
convene the meeting if the President is unavailable or MIA.  We also have
two open board positions that need to be filled.  Those positions have no
fixed duties, but the general expectation is that they regularly attend
meetings and help with items.  Let me know if any position strikes your
interest.  I'm happy to nominate reliable, talented people such as you who
want to contribute their abilities to make things run smoothly.  Let me know
your interest off list.  Here is what the chapter constitution says about
the positions.

	Section 1.  Officers.   The officers of this organization shall be
President, first Vice-President, second Vice-President, Secretary, and
Treasurer.  The President and Vice-President shall be blind.  These officers
shall be elected at the regular meeting February meeting of each year, and
their one year term shall commence at the close of the meetings which they
are elected.  The duties of each officer shall be those usually ascribed to
the office.

	Section 2.  Election Procedures.   All nominations shall be made
from the floor.  Nominations for each office shall be separate and election
for that office shall immediately follow the close of nominations.
Elections shall be by voice or standing vote.  No proxy votes shall be
permitted.

	Section 3.  Vacancies in Office.   If a vacancy occurs in the office
of President, the Vice-President shall immediately fill the office of
President.  If a vacancy in any other office, a special election to fill a
the vacancy shall be held at the next regular meeting, except that the
President may appoint someone to fill the vacancy if deemed necessary, until
an election can be held.

ARTICLE VI.   BOARD OF DIRECTORS

	The Board of Directors of this organization shall consist of the
five Constitutional Officers and two Board Members-at-large.  The Board
Members-at-large shall be elected at the same time and in the same manner as
the Constitutional Officers.  At least a majority of the members of the
Board of Directors must be blind.  Meetings of the Board of Directors may be
called by the President or at the request of two other members of the Board.
All members must be notified of the meetings.  A majority of the members of
the Board of Directors must be present to constitute a quorum to conduct the
business of this Board.  The President may poll the Board by mail or by
telephone.   The Board of Directors shall carry on the business of the
organization between meetings of the membership.  All decisions of the Board
must be ratified by the membership at the next regular meeting.

ARTICLE VII.   COMMITTEES

	The President shall appoint all committees.  Each committee shall
meet at the call of its chairperson.  One-half of the membership of each
committee shall constitute a quorum.