[Nfbsf] Paid Research Opportunity

Tim Elder tim at timeldermusic.com
Tue Jul 28 22:46:58 UTC 2015

Hi chapter,

Here is an interesting opportunity to help researchers and make some money.
Contact Ed for more information.  It sounds interesting.

Great opportunity to support research on blindness

Recently I participated as a subject in an interesting research study at the
Smith-Kettlewell Eye Research Institute on Fillmore Street in San Francisco.
The researchers are looking for additional subjects.  If you, or someone you
know, would like to support scientific research, meet some interesting
people, and be paid for your time, give me a phone call at 650-851-1966.  I
will explain in detail the time requirements and your activities as a
participant.

These scientists are investigating  novel  rehabilitation  methods  and
brain plasticity  in  individuals  who  are  blind  or  have  low  vision.
Over five days participants will learn to draw pictures without sight using
just their sense of touch.  Before and after this training, brain activity
will  be measured using non-invasive  techniques,  such  as  brain  scanning
by  functional  MagneticResonance Imaging (fMRI).  Research subjects receive
for their participation up to $30 per hour, plus reimbursement for travel
and parking fees.

Ed Vaughan
650-851-1966