[Nfbsf] Minutes from the March, 2015 chapter meeting

Jim Barbour jbar at barcore.com
Mon Mar 23 02:47:56 UTC 2015

Attendees
==========
if you could be any fictional hero you wanted, who would it be?

Tim Elder (President)                           Darth Vader
Ed Vaughan (Vice President)                     Obama
Jim Barbour (Secretary)                         Jack Ryan
David Chan (Treasurer)                          Padington Bear
Kate Williams (Newly elected board member)      Wonder Woman
Christina Daniels (Newly elected board member)
Michael Nunez                                   Dr. Xavier
Bryan Bashin                                    Superman
Sarah Hadsell                                   Cat Woman
Cindy Fassler                                   Wonder Woman
Doug Moore                                      Superman
Lily Liang                                      A Teleporting witch from Charmed

NOTE: My apologies Christina, I did not get your wished for persona.

Announcements
-------------
$1,000.00 national convention grants are available.  APPLY TODAY!

The NFB National Convention runs from July 5th through July 10th 2015 in Orlando, Florida.  This yearly event is a great opportunity to learn more about how blind people are participating as students, workers, community leaders, and family members.  Plus, learn about new technology designed to help blind folks.

If you would like to go, but feel you'd need financial help, please fill out this application.  The deadline to apply is 3 weeks away on April 15th, 2015.

http://ulwxastpyh.formstack.com/forms/2015_nfbc_national_convention_grants

The Uber hearing on March 3 was a success.  The NFB Lawsuit against Uber will be allowed to proceed.

We are looking for volunteers to try the touch screen payment devices at the following stores and report back on their success.  If you have questions, please email Tim at telder at trelegal.com

Pet Smart: http://stores.petsmart.com/all
Papyrus and American Greetings: http://www.papyrusonline.com/store-directory
Container Store: http://www.containerstore.com/locations/index.htm

Dues
----
We collected dues from all who ere present except for Jim Barbour and David Chan, who both had already paid.

Elections
---------
All existing board members were reelected.  Also, our chapter has grown
to the point where we are now able to fill open board positions.

The NFBSF board is now...

Tim Elder (President)
Ed Vaughan (Vice President)
Jim Barbour (Secretary)
David Chan (Treasurer)
Kate Williams (board member)
Christina Daniels (board member)

Congratulations to all!

Bay to Breakers
Christina, Tim, Michael, Sarah, Bryan, and Kate have volunteered for to
walk the Centipede for Bay to Breakers.  Michael Nunez is heading up
this effort.  If you'd like to participate in the fun walk with fellow
NFBSF chapter members, the event is on may 17th.  Please send an email
to President Elder at telder at trelegal.com