[Nfbsf] Next NFB of San Francisco Chapter Meeting this Tuesday!

Timothy Elder telder at trelegal.com
Mon Oct 10 05:28:47 UTC 2016

What:  Next San Francisco NFB Chapter Meeting

When:  Every second Tuesday, next on October 11, 2016, from 6:00 to 8:00 PM.

Where: San Francisco Lighthouse - 1155 Market Street, San Francisco, Tenth Floor

----

The San Francisco chapter of the National Federation of the Blind will meet on Tuesday evening, October 11, 2016 at the San Francisco LightHouse, 1155 Market Street, Tenth Floor, San Francisco.  We will enjoy food at 6:00 PM.  The formal meeting begins at 6:30  PM and adjourns promptly at 8:00 PM.

Last meeting, we discussed the upcoming state convention <file:///C:/Users/Tim/Documents/Custom%20Office%20Templates> , to be held in Los Angeles on October 20-23, 2016, talked about grants and ways to take advantage of funding sources, and continued talking about a San Jose/Peninsula  chapter.

Next meeting, we are observing Meet the Blind Month by bringing in a class of graduate students who are training to become teachers of the blind to attend our meeting.  We will discuss the real issues around education for blind children, our concerns and the potential of our young blind students.  Don't miss this great opportunity to connect with others in the blindness community who are living the lives they want.  Come experience the collective change that the San Francisco chapter of the National Federation of the Blind is advancing.  Chapter President Tim Elder can be reached at eldert at uchastings.edu<mailto:eldert at uchastings.edu> or at 410.415.3493.

Preregistration for State Convention:

http://ulwxastpyh.formstack.com/forms/2016_nfbc_state_convention_preregistration_form