[Nfbsf] Announcement for Next NFB of San Francisco Chapter Meeting

Timothy Elder telder at trelegal.com
Wed May 3 01:49:12 UTC 2017

What: Next San Francisco NFB Chapter Meeting
When: Second Tuesday, next on May 9, 2017, from 6:00 to 8:00 PM.
Where: San Francisco Lighthouse - 1155 Market Street, San Francisco, Tenth Floor

----

Please note a special announcement from chapter president Tim Elder at the end of the message below.  The San Francisco chapter of the National Federation of the Blind will meet on Tuesday evening, May 9, 2017, at the San Francisco LightHouse, 1155 Market Street, Tenth Floor, San Francisco.  Food is served at 6:00 PM and the formal meeting starts at 6:30 PM.  At our next meeting we will catch-up on various announcements, get ready for our upcoming Blind Centipede race event and talk about the upcoming national convention.  If time permits, then we will discuss higher educational opportunities for blind people and carry that discussion over into the June meeting.  In addition, we will hold chapter elections.

Message from Tim Elder:
I thoroughly enjoyed getting to know each of you over the last several years as we have worked together to build our great chapter.  We are positively influencing the community, getting more people connected with resources and increasing first-time attendance at our life-changing national conventions.  Given that progress, I believe the time is right to hand the leadership of the chapter over to the next president.  Several in our chapter have demonstrated excellent leadership qualities and commitment to our organization.  As I turn to take on other responsibilities with a possible San Jose chapter launch and increasing duties with our state affiliate, I would like to give others a chance to contribute their talents to our San Francisco efforts.  I do not intend to run for another term as your chapter president.  However, I am going to remain an active member.  I will work very closely with our next chapter leaders for a seamless transition.  I believe our chapter is doing exceptionally well.  It is time for others to take what we have established and move it to the next level with a fresh perspective.  Christina Daniels has expressed running for the position and I support her initiative.  Anyone interested in running for a board position should reach out to her or me in advance of our meeting next week.
Our organization is a collective movement that is not limited by or dependent upon any single blind person.  I look forward to seeing all of you on Tuesday to live the life you want.

Chapter President Tim Elder can be reached at eldert at uchastings.edu<mailto:eldert at uchastings.edu> or at 410.415.3493.