[NFBSF] Leaving the national Federation of the blind

mike at michaelhingson.com mike at michaelhingson.com
Mon Dec 14 18:47:00 UTC 2020

Jeanette,

It is distressing to hear that anyone had a bad experience at any of the agencies. Last Friday President Riccobono put out a policy statement about issues such as what you apparently experienced. Policy statements are one thing and actions, of course, are another.

Either way, the fact that you feel that LCB was a freeing experience is something that would suggest that rather than leaving the organization that gave you such a freeing time perhaps you might, and I suspect are already, raising an important issue by what you are saying here.

I know it is easy for me to say don't drop out because of one experience. Clearly you feel something very traumatic happened to you and none of us can totally fix that. However, you can help us all by staying in the NFB and improving it. We can talk more about this off list if you wish.

Best Regards,

Michael Hingson