[NFBSF] Free upcoming Zoom Workshop

Lisa Irving bernieslife at icloud.com
Mon Dec 21 02:37:43 UTC 2020

Hi All,

Here's info about an upcoming workshop. I plan to attend. Hope to see you
there.

Lisa Irving

Reading the Web: Strategies for Screen Reader Users
Tuesday December 22, 2:00 PM to 3:30 PM Eastern
Register here:
https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZUlde2tpz4oHN1khLwTR5I2GdU79xqahK2
o Copy Invitation Copy
This session will cover effective strategies for reading articles, blogs and
reference material with your desktop or mobile browser, including:
Finding reading material that matches your interest;
Using commands and gestures to move around long webpages efficiently;
Bookmarking your favorites;
using multiple tabs to look things up without losing your place;
using reader view to de-clutter pages;
and using an ad-blocker to improve your experience online.
We'll also have time for your questions.
Anyone is welcome to virtual workshops with the Andrew Heiskell Braille and
Talking Book Library tech team! Please email chanceyfleet at nypl.org
<mailto:chanceyfleet at nypl.org>  if you would like to be added to our event
list, suggest a future workshop, set up one-to-one coaching or volunteer as
a tech coach.