[NFBSF] I would like to pay my 2021 dues through Venmo

Daveed Mandell daveedmandell at gmail.com
Sat Dec 26 15:55:16 UTC 2020

Frankly the hypocrisy surrounding all the holidays this year is stifling! The mean-spiritedness, cruelty, heartlessness and selfishness of all of our government leaders, no matter where they are and who they are, is astounding and tremendously disturbing! I wish the NFB we’re more concerned about the general economic collapse of this country! I believe the NFB should be supporting such concerns as Medicare for all and universal basic income for everyone, which would greatly assist blind and visually impaired people throughout the country. Furthermore, I think the NFB should immediately demand come January a national disability pension, and state disability pensions for all people with disabilities including blind people which would offset the extremely high cost of living with a disability. Almost all industrialized countries have had such pensions for decades! I also think that assistive technology should be heavily subsidized, and that we need to put more strength in the technology affordability act to make technology truly affordable instead of the token act that we have been pushing for the last few years. I know yes I know the drill: NFB members must be squarely supportive of everything the NFB does. Well I’m sorry! We live supposedly in a democracy, and I have a right to express my opinions and all of us in the NFB if we don’t like with the NFB is doing need to emphasize that and we need to say yes we support the NFB for the most part but if the NFB is doing something wrong, we need to say so! And we need to do this long and loud! And if the leaders decide to excommunicate us for doing so, then we will know the true colors of the NFB! But I believe that the leaders in the NFB are more tolerant than they would perhaps admit.
And I think we all need to discuss this not only on a chapter level but on a national level as well!

Sent from my iPhone