[NFBSF] Upcoming study on tactile graphics

Joel Isaac j at novaelis.com
Mon Mar 2 13:42:02 UTC 2020

This was passed on to me:

==

Announcement ---

We are conducting a study to understand the benefits of construction and
consumption of tactile graphics. Insights from this study will help us
inform the design of an accessible tactile graphics authoring tool. We are
recruiting blind and visually impaired users interested in participating.
The study will be conducted in the California Bay Area between the months of
March and April and last between 1.5 hours. Participants will be compensated
$50 for their time.  We will work with each participant on their preferred
location, and any transportation costs incurred will also be compensated.

If you are interested in learning more about the study and/or have interest
in authoring tools please contact Alexa Siu (through email:
afsiu at stanford.edu <mailto:afsiu at stanford.edu>  or phone: 404-543/8057).
Alexa is a PhD Student at Stanford University conducting research to advance
accessible design interfaces for the blind and visually impaired. Prior
published results can be found here:  <https://stanford.io/2SKVb0b>
https://stanford.io/2SKVb0b