[NFBSF] Advocacy opportunity and resource

Lisa Irving bernieslife at icloud.com
Wed Jan 6 00:23:49 UTC 2021

Hello All,

Below, you will find pasted information concerning a Zoom meeting tomorrow
afternoon concerning advocacy and prioritization of who gets vaccinated and
when here in California. My blindness alone does not put me at heightened
risk for the ugly complications of COVID-19, yet other disabilities does
place me at higher risk. Therefore, I have written and submitted a letter
expressing my concerns. I am happy to share that letter if anyone wants to
use it as a template.

Within the below post you will also find a suggestion for a resource to
assist you with obtaining groceries or prescriptions if your health places
you at higher risk.

Best-

Lisa m. Irving, Board Member

Resource Follows:

Happy new year, friends!

We hope you found some joy over the holiday season and have been able to
connect virtually and safely with friends and family.

While we are now in our 10th month of the COVID pandemic, much has changed
recently. The infection rate in the Bay Area is the highest it has been, and
there is a new strain that is transmitted more easily. Hospitals around the
state and in the Bay Area are getting low on ICU beds. Considering this,
California public health officials are urging everyone to cut back on any
and all activities. If you have been seeing anyone outside your household,
other than medical personnel, please take a break from that.

Tune into the California Community Vaccine Advisory Committee this Wednesday
afternoon and join us and our partners on Zoom this Friday afternoon for a
range of updates on COVID-19 in California and on advocacy efforts. See
below for more info on these and on two exciting appointments!

If you are older or have a disability that puts you at high risk for COVID,
set up delivery of groceries or medications with the Cross-Bay Mutual Aid
Project
<https://u1584542.ct.sendgrid.net/ss/c/P8Elou2Rvc0qoMPEUZrMXaZOmsefLkyhiDXwQ
OjHCKwrQU_RRU7PfFJ8BtkCxQaA44uUwNuh7szn-k44E4arp7oSW54T5jy81PhDn3w_ULBcwfR7V
wWsdTejsnVeIRLb9xP4-x4ZDFuZ5Dz9rL5_cNubo2kPmQalKrN92vrqZ-aIpXp8viJ8D7DqyGmDI
WTsQTJO50mCthrFnwxfltyJAXsc8cR9Ao0K7RO5juf1KS_Rn4zFqo5QkvNZApY0OUyXjbF8qS7EB
pGt4H5nM2ROMPzLR3OoOOXeMa2MAj5-JUU/38b/ALJqXn5pQJyWiKvut_xw4A/h1/UddTGNL0O5v
QiKqRoLeCgwQMMMnAfy240QjDzD9S5JM>  so you do not have to go into a store.
Stay connected to us and to friends by phone and zoom. And keep in mind that
vaccines are on their way, so these restrictions won't last forever!

In Solidarity,

Jessica and the rest of the SDA Staff

<https://u1584542.ct.sendgrid.net/ss/c/atcYNHk4Eh2YdGnwBh-YDPAZiEt8wwS6hp5wO
Ib3CiIg66gi01B0fWQ1G3M8Vdp74bdrhrUr3SL7-5JJ7yJIp9_OlBasOhC474AcQcSWO1WeBSk5p
Q_70vTrXFIHvsx-P7EhGoYVWQK02RnMlcTPIYdzIFWAV8zpecRDQczYVPe5aBckGpvLckcyqLHSI
ujotihnoA1ZfFEPBcxtkbM5dL3fbRhXhpXZAl7yvT5fXv8lIMgTRgp3ez1yLt69EdtqTLEamZKwP
t_YVCaaVy3jpNhw3Zzh2ZrEULvl0dhSDEWDpCKs6OqKEmL5on87Jl6K/38b/ALJqXn5pQJyWiKvu
t_xw4A/h2/O1eJXKpZWZA2iVO3UqY90q4OjCPNtvSi9pzFcWtGr9s>

Wednesday, January 6th, 3-6 pm

We all are wondering when we will get vaccinated! The California Community
Vaccine Advisory Committee is working to determine who gets priority.
Unfortunately many groups have set "saving the lives of seniors and disabled
people" as a separate goal from "societal functioning," not recognizing that
we are part of how society functions and that many of us live in households
with essential workers, have IHSS workers, or are essential workers
ourselves.

You can advocate to vaccinate people over 65 and people with high-risk
disabilities by emailing the Community Vaccine Advisory Committee,
California Department of Public Health at
COVID19VaccineOutreach at cdph.ca.gov. Raise awareness on social media with
hashtags: #NoBodyIsDisposable #EndAbleism #EndAgeism #Vaccine4All. Find key
talking points here.

You can watch the state meeting on Youtube at:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkNEUkIwtlc_kPenEZMUlOw
<https://u1584542.ct.sendgrid.net/ss/c/atcYNHk4Eh2YdGnwBh-YDIwqgG9yJnMjy0DKo
t2sQ8wGg8vsPhi-UzZGTcG_WwluWoy-9ELEjYk4Oo0tE6btIbo20wuWYcWVto2xFds_-aFhWdqFb
FzR-zpY2zt1-QOfXkmdMiTNLiAshR_a5WTQFZkTSte4S1yp-bdyh8qLEoG79Mym_2ky6aQLo-wAS
-GBDGL6jMccbhywWcAIoNGb3xoIA4xGlM0ROXE5MjxlSPZBcVGj5ilW9u_4XskqoIf0tAo-Ss4fR
poxMEo8wK-JKGFoAWAGrXZs-LCxAQnmXQR8hIDZSy2XQkJrPHU8mAOR/38b/ALJqXn5pQJyWiKvu
t_xw4A/h4/4ZjOZcp5uTUEoPR_oea3cVmtI713iAv5tL5M1woeKsM>

or listen by phone:

*	English Toll free: 844-721-7237
*	English Access Code: 2243784
*	Spanish Toll-Free: 877-402-9753