[NFBSF] Zoom invite for BEAM Oct. 2 6-8

Lisa Irving bernieslife at icloud.com
Sat Oct 2 17:01:43 UTC 2021

Jim,

I hear where you are coming from. I also hear Nelson's possible pain, frustration and anger.

Nelson, if you're reading my message, I honor your emotions, feelings and experiences. As for me, at times in my life I have felt that blindness itself was my problem. As I've journey through my own personal growth and connected with people that have a revised outlook on what it means to be blind, I know that my disability isn't the real problem. Rather, the ingrained systemic ableism and society's construct toward disability in general is the real issue. I have chosen to acquire skills and a different view on blindness that has enabled me to live a life that I'm mostly content with. I have also worked and volunteered in small and big ways to impact general society's view of disability and living with vision loss. I hope that you find a mustard seed of hope in this message. I and others are here for you as you find meaning and purpose in this life each of us has been blessed with.

Warmly,
Lisa M. Irving