[NFBSF] September NFb Meeting Agenda 2021

Taryn Morris taryn.ann.morris at gmail.com
Fri Sep 10 03:34:53 UTC 2021

Dear NFB SF,

Hope everyone is doing well.  Below you will find our meeting agenda.  After
that is our meet the blind month video idea which we will discuss at our
next chapter meeting.

September 2021 NFB SF Meeting Agenda

1- Short Introductions: (6:30 to 6:45)

  Please give any identities you wish to share with the group.  Hoping to
keep it around half a minute per person.

- Secretary's report (6:45 to 6:47)

- Treasurer's report (6:47 to 6:50)

- Presidential release summary (Bobbi) (6:50 to 6:55)

-Legislative Announcements (Amy) (6:55 to 7:00)

- Chapter Announcements (Christina) (7:00 to 7:05)

*Information regarding California state convention, discussion on gift
basket

-Member Announcements (7:05 to 7:10)

Discussion- (7:10 to 755)

*Meet the Blind Month regarding our video idea, email sent out with
instructions

*More on gift basket donation

Bell Ringers (7:55 to 8:00)

Meet the Blind Month Video for October 2021

For meet the blind month this year we will create a video of our members
blindness experiences.  Please create separate recordings for each answer.
Please keep each answer to a minute or less. If you feel comfortable please
use your camera so we can identify you, if you do not feel comfortable you
can just do a voice recording and include other pictures that relate to your
answers.  The questions are as follows.  We will discuss this more at our
next chapter meeting.  If you are not comfortable filming your own
recordings Amy will set up a day to do a Zoom call to collect your
recordings.  The date will be announced at our next chapter meeting as well.
Please submit all submissions before our October meeting.  The questions are
as follows.

1.	State your name with any identities relating to yourself which can
include blindness.
2.	Describe what you want an average person to know about blindness.
3.	Explain what you want an average person do when they meet you for
the first time.
4.	Describe your favorite microaggression.
5.	State what you do not want an average person to do when they meet
you for the very first time.
6.	State that I am a blind and fill in the blank after that.

Taryn