[NFBSF] Free TRX Training Day Fitness Workshop at BORP on Feb 5

tim at timeldermusic.com tim at timeldermusic.com
Tue Jan 11 19:34:10 UTC 2022

Cool stuff.  BORP is doing great work.

-----Original Message-----
From: NFBSF <nfbsf-bounces at nfbnet.org> On Behalf Of Walt Raineri via NFBSF
Sent: Monday, January 10, 2022 4:49 PM
To: NFBSF at nfbnet.org
Cc: wtr1977 at yahoo.com
Subject: [NFBSF] Free TRX Training Day Fitness Workshop at BORP on Feb 5

NFB SF Chapter Community:

Thought I would circulate this message in the event that recipients are not
on the BORP (Bay Area Outdoor Recreation Program) distribution list.  This
TRX Training Day Fitness Workshop on Sat Feb 5 is free, and a great way to
familiarize yourself with  a fitness tool that is what I consider a game
changer for persons with visual disabilities in how simple, compact,
portable yet versatile it can be.  Check out the link below to sign up, if
you wish, and read the short summary below.  There is more detail on the
Sign Up Genius page, even if you just want to learn more about what we will
be doing during the session on Feb 5.

https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0c4ea8a622a7fec61-trx

Walt

TRX Training Day Fitness Workshop

Come celebrate the core mission of the Bay Area Outdoor Recreation Program
(BORP), at this TRXR training Day Fitness Workshop. Want more independence
and variety with how you can keep fit?  TRX is a fully accessible workout
using only your own body weight - no need for weights, flying balls, or
heavy machines. You will feel the burn using your body to build muscle,
stabilize your core, and enhance your health.

Join Walt Raineri, co-founder of the nonprofit VISION and avid blind extreme
adventurer and Paralympic level sports athlete, as he provides an
introduction to a fitness tool which persons with visual disabilities and
many other physical limitations can use just about anywhere, anytime, at
their own pace, at their own level, offering meaningful exercise
opportunities from 10 minutes to multiple hours.  In addition, Randy
Hetrick,the former US Navy Seal Team Commander, and founder of  TRXR will be
present to provide colorful stories about the origin of the TRXR suspension
training concept and to offer his expertise in using the fitness tool.

If you need assistance filling out the registration, email cynthia at borp.org
<mailto:cynthia at borp.org> .

COVID-19 SAFTEY PROTOCOLS: In light of the recent rise in cases we are
implementing the following measures: All participants must provide proof of
Covid-19 vaccination and wear either a Kn95 mask or double mask. We will
provide masks if needed. If you feel at all sick or have known exposure,
please do not attend.

 Participants must also fill out a BORP participant form and sign all
waivers prior to workshop. Download and fill out prior to workshop or we
will provide copies the day of the workshop. We will have a form in braille
as well.

If all slots fill up, please sign up on the waitlist and you will be
contacted if space opens up to allow your participation.