[NFBSF] Cognition Study

Lisa Irving bernieslife at icloud.com
Tue Apr 4 19:50:39 UTC 2023

Hello,

Here's an opportunity to contribute to neuro science through an awesome
research project.

Research Study on Cognition

The Neuroplasticity and Development Lab at Johns Hopkins University is
seeking participants for an MRI research study on cognition. We study how
the brain adapts in the absence of vision and supports audition, touch,
Braille reading and language. To answer this question we use neuroimaging to
compare the brains of individuals with different life histories: adults who
grew up with vision, those who were born blind, and those who became blind
later in life.

To qualify, you must be a healthy totally blind adult with at most minimal
light perception who has been blind from birth, and is currently between 18
and 70 years of age and with no neurological disabilities. Participants must
complete a pre-screening interview to see whether they qualify. To learn
more, call the lab at (410) 870-9895, or send an email to
<mailto:plasticity_lab at jhu.edu> plasticity_lab at jhu.edu.

From,

Lisa M. Irving, M.A., Vision Rehabilitation Therapist