[NFBSF] Power of Attorney question.

Alan Wheeler blindsticks at gmail.com
Wed Aug 30 23:24:25 UTC 2023

Hello everyone,
I need a little bit of assistance. My fiancee and I are both totally blind. On August 18th, she fractured her femur and, after the surgery, was transferred to a rehab facility in Concord.

The level of care at this facility is lower than I like, and Donna (my fiancee) isn't very good at self advocating. I am talking to her about granting me power of attorney. However, if the facility is reluctant due to my blindness, I want to find out now what kind of recourse I may have and what assistance I may need to get the POA.

Does anyone have any thoughts or suggestions?

Sincerely,

Alan Wheeler

You, yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection.
- Buddha

My blog: http://doingitdeeper.blogspot.com/

Sent from my iPad