[NFBSF] Looking for a few individuals to join the Peninsula Endowment philanthropic board. Please read more within.

wtr1977 at yahoo.com wtr1977 at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 10 20:52:13 UTC 2023

Happy New Year SF Chapter of NFB

My name is Walt Raineri and am the president of the Peninsula Endowment whose mission and vision objectives focus on enhancing the lives of persons with visual disabilities in Northern California.  We are a small philanthropic organization  which offers grant funding to nonprofits through our Innovation Grant Program to fund projects which demonstrate innovations enabling access to written materials for persons with visual disabilities.

We are looking for a few additional board members  to compliment our existing Board of Directors. I am reaching out to determine if there are any on this NFB SF Chapter mailing list who might have the skill sets and interest to help us with our journey.

We are looking for individuals with life or professional experience in areas dealing with issues faced by persons with visual disabilities.  Skill sets which would be useful include, but are not required, include an understanding of the law, accounting, administration of philanthropic grant programs, education services, social services, and / or fundraising.  If you, or anyone you know, may be interested, please contact me at peninsula.endowment at gmail.com.    Note that  no prior board experience is necessary, just a willingness to contribute to the success of our philanthropic mission.  We are an all-volunteer organization and typically meet quarterly via telephonic conference call.

Thank you and have a great 2023.

Walt Raineri
President
Peninsula Endowment