[NFBV-Alexandria] FW: Northern Virginia Transportation Commission - WMATA Board Member Forum

BrianMiller brianrmiller88 at gmail.com
Thu May 11 12:12:47 UTC 2017

Good morning to the Greater Alexandria chapter!

First, let's be sure to wish Alexandria a happy birthday - it was on May 11,
1749 that Alexandria became a town. Happy 268th birthday to a great city!

Secondly, I wanted to share the below announcement with the chapter. This is
a unique opportunity to speak directly to WAMATA's board about your concerns
regarding metro's bus, rail, and MetroAccess services. If anyone needs
walking directions to the Durant Center, please let me know - this is where
the Alexandria Harmonizers rehearse, so I know the building well. It is a
short two blocks from the King Street Metro station.

The Northern Virginia Transportation Commission (NVTC) invites the community
to Virginia's WMATA Board Members discussion of the Challenges and
Opportunities in Getting Metro Back on Track.

Thursday, June 15, 2017, at 7 p.m.

Durant Arts Center

1605 Cameron Street

Alexandria, Virginia

The forum is open to the public and accessible via the King Street Metrorail
Station, a five-minute walk to the Durant Center.

The forum, which includes a presentation and question/answer session, is
sponsored by NVTC. Learn more about NVTC at www.novatransit.org.

Should you have any questions about this event, please contact Ms. Finucan
Clarkson at (571)483-3223.

Thanks,

Brian R. Miller, Ph.D.

President, Greater Alexandria Chapter of the NFB of Virginia