[NFBV-Alexandria] FW: Wednesday, May 31 Conference Call on Pre-Employment Transition Program for northern Virginia Teens

BrianMiller brianrmiller88 at gmail.com
Tue May 23 14:55:02 UTC 2017

Good morning chapter!

Please see the message from tracy Soforenko below. I plan to call in
tomorrow evening to see what the affiliate has cooking!

Brian Miller

We are trying to gauge interest and support for a series of day long
programs for blind students (ages 14-22)  to develop skills that will help
them achieve career and academic goals. We hope to develop a program to
share with our members and DBVI for a program one Saturday a month during
the school year. We have been working hard to develop relationships with
blind and low vision high school and college students and we believe we are
ready to take our programming to the next level. If this sounds interesting
and you want to learn more and contribute to our efforts please join us on a
conference call.