[NFBV-Alexandria] Chapter Table at state convention

BrianMiller brianrmiller88 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 7 00:46:51 UTC 2017

Happy Friday!

I just wanted to let the chapter know that I've signed us up for a shared
table in the exhibit hall during state convention next month. The table will
need to have at least one person at the table from noon to 5pm on Friday,
November 3. Set-up time for the tables is 11am to noon, and tear-down is at
five o'clock.

Obviously, no one person should have this responsibility exclusively. I
recommend we sign up for hour shifts, and if at all possible, it would be
great to have two people at the table, so as to better manage the hundreds,
possible tens of thousands, who will want to talk to us about our brand new
chapter.

I'll let the chapter know who will be managing the schedule of shifts, but
please be thinking of when you can volunteer. The convention agenda is now
online at NFBV.org, so take a look, and think about when you can help out.

It would also be great to have something to offer people - Evelyn suggested
signature guides, which would be great. It would be especially great if they
said something like, "National Federation of the Blind of Virginia/Greater
Alexandria Chapter." If anyone knows where we could get signature guides
produced and embossed, please let me know.

Our next meeting will be October 26. An announcement will be coming out
shortly about that. I am happy to let you know, however, that the Meridian
at Eisenhower, the building where I live, is offering the rooftop clubhouse
to us for free - 25th floor river views! What's not to love?

I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday weekend!

Sincerely,

Brian R. Miller, Ph.D.

President

Greater Alexandria Chapter of the NFB of Virginia