[NFBV-Alexandria] FW: Testing of new voting equipment for Alexandria

BrianMiller brianrmiller88 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 1 13:54:08 UTC 2017

FYI-

From: BrianMiller [mailto:brianrmiller88 at gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, September 01, 2017 9:02 AM
To: 'Anna Leider'
Subject: RE: Testing of new voting equipment for Alexandria

Good morning Ms. Leider,

My name is Brian Miller and I'm the president of the Alexandria chapter of
the National Federation of the Blind of Virginia (NFBV). Several of our
chapter members were able to test the three proposed voting machines on
display at the registrar of voter's office in Old Town this week.

I understand from one of those who tested the machines - Evelyn Valdez -
that the city would make its decision Wednesday morning. I am writing to see
if a decision was made, and if so, which machine was selected.

We were pleased that all machines tested afforded the voted the opportunity
to cast a vote independently, including the feeding of the paper ballot into
the optical scanner.

I was also wondering if the selected machine will be available for viewing
and practice voting prior to the November election.

I will forward any information you can provide at this time to my chapter
members and beyond. I appreciate your attention to our concerns, and I look
forward to hearing from you at your earliest convenience.

Sincerely,

Brian R. Miller, Ph.D.

President

The Greater Alexandria Chapter of the NFB of Virginia