[NFBV-Alexandria] Final reminder to Please RSVP by Aug 5. Take advantage of this opportunity to steer the GRT ALX NFBV chapter

Brian Miller brianrmiller88 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 3 21:43:18 UTC 2018

All,

Please RSVP to Jeremy Grandstaff for the August 26 chapter strategic planning event from 1:00-5:00pm.  This is a special opportunity, so don’t miss it! But you must RSVP… We need to be able to do a head count. Thanks!

Brian Miller

President

Greater Alexandria Chapter

NFB of Virginia

Here is Jeremy’s original message…

Hi NFBV Greater Alexandria Chapter Members,

A quick reach out to those who attended last night’s meeting and those who weren’t able to attend. Please RSVP by August 5 with a yesif you plan to attend.

I have pasted the latest draft agenda below for our upcoming strategic planning retreat, which will help lay-out our chapter strategy for the coming years.

It will take place on Sunday, August 26, from 1PM to 5PM and is probably going to be at the same spot as our chapter meetings (1-2 blocks away from Eisonhower Metro station on the yellow lines)

All members are welcome, but we need to be prepared to host you.

Therefore, I need anyone who plans to attend, even if you are a maybe, to let us know by August 5.

Please respond by August 5 to me directly at jwg at sgendeavors.com <mailto:jwg at sgendeavors.com>  with either a yes or maybe, so we get you counted.

This is your opportunity to directly collaborate with the board and other members on our chapter’s direction.

Thanks, and again, the draft agenda is below:

Jeremy Grandstaff, 2VP, NFBV Greater Alexandria Chapter

NFBV Greater Alexandria - Strategic Planning Retreat-Draft

Date/Time: Sunday, August 26, 1 PM-5 PM Eastern —Promptly

Location: same place as chapter meeting???

The purpose of our meeting is to gather as NFBV-greater ALX board members and leaders to:

*	Gain consensus on a strategic framework for NFBV-Greater ALX, including mission, vision, guiding principles, and priority areas;
*	Create prioritized and measurable action plans that will guide us toward achieving our overall strategy; and,
*	Build a more cohesive leadership team to guide our organization to success.

Summary Agenda—this is a draft

*	12:30: Arrive, grab food, and get connected
*	1:00: Welcome, agenda review, how did we get to today?
*	1:15: Telling Our Stories—Interactive activity to build commonality around our desires for NFBV-Greater ALX going forward.
*	2:30: Opening the Space, Creating Measurable Action—to tap into the wisdom of participants and gain consensus on the overall direction for the chapter; to create draft, measurable, and prioritized action plans that will guide us to achieve our overall direction. (Open Space to identify and brainstorm around topics; small group activity to create action plans, and all vote to prioritize)

*	Discussion and action is driven by the question: “What is the topics, discussions, or areas, that we should take action on in the next three years, to most effectively move our chapter forward?”

*	4:50: Wrapping up, Next steps, evaluation, and Checking out
*	5:00: Adjourn

Jeremy Grandstaff, Collaboration & Organization Consultant

S  <http://www.sgendeavors.com/> & G Endeavors: Using Collaboration to Help Clients Create Change and Take Action

614-519-3026 | jwg at sgendeavors.com <mailto:jwg at sgendeavors.com>

Follow us, learn about our clients, and how we can help you create change:

 SGEConnections.TV <http://sgeconnections.tv/>  | SGE Blog <http://www.sgendeavors.com/blog>  | SGE Facebook <http://www.facebook.com/sgendeavors>  | SGE Youtube <http://www.youtube.com/sgendeavors>  | SGE LinkedIn <https://www.linkedin.com/company/3239443>

What will 2018 hold for your company or organization? Be sure to contact us for a consult.

Let s & G help you create the change you want to see!