[NFBV-Alexandria] Save the Date - next Greater Alexandria Chapter meeting, January 25, 7:00pm

BrianMiller brianrmiller88 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 11 21:28:17 UTC 2018

Good afternoon,

This is a reminder that we will hold our next meeting of the Greater
Alexandria Chapter of the NFB of Virginia on Thursday, January 25, at
7:00pm, in the clubhouse on the 25th floor of the fabulous Meridian at
Eisenhower Station building. The address is: 2351 Eisenhower Ave,
Alexandria, Virginia, 22314.

I will send a detailed agenda closer to our meeting date, but some of the
topics we will discuss include:

*The Holman Prize - Could you be the next winner?

*Audio description in your community - how to take advantage of this
critical access service at the movies and the theater.

*Quick tech tips - we will demo an app or device that can improve your life
as a blind or visually impaired person.

*Fund-raising ideas for the chapter - how to seek sponsorships, and build
our profile in the community.

And so much more!

Ok, maybe not a lot more, but that's quite a bit already, don't you think?

The Meridian at Eisenhower Station is conveniently located across the street
from. Guess? The Eisenhower Ave Metro station! There are lots of places to
grab a bite within a one block radius, so pick up a sandwich, some sushi, or
a tub of Cold Stone Creameries goodness and come join the chapter for
another exciting meeting.

If you have any questions, please feel free to email or call me at
703-785-9929.

I look forward to seeing you there.

Sincerely,

Brian R. Miller, Ph.D.

President

Greater Alexandria Chapter of the NFB of Virginia