[NFBV-Alexandria] National Harbor Visit with Other Chapters in the DMV

Valdez, Evelyn Evelyn.Valdez at va.gov
Wed Aug 28 15:58:09 UTC 2019

Greater Alexandria Chapter Members & Friends:
I  hope  you are able to  join us on September 7 for an enjoyable afternoon with fellow Federationists from throughout the DMV.  Details below.

Please call Naim Abu-El Hawa to indicate your interest by Thursday evening, August 29, 2019  .  Although the final count is not due until September 3, we would like to get a notion of interest as  soon as possible.

***Come one, come all! Join a variety of local NFB chapters in embarking on a fun-filled social excursion to The National Harbor. We plan on taking full advantage of the waterfront views, a splendid stomach-warming meal, and the enjoyment of the crisp autumn weather of early September. For those in Virginia, there are water taxis that run in 30 minute intervals, starting at 9:35 in the morning, and will cost

$18 per roundtrip ticket. These water taxis depart from 0 Cameron St, Alexandria, VA (but if you are having Uber/Lyft or someone drop you off at the Alexandria Waterfront, you must use the Torpedo Factory address of 201 N. Union Street because cars are no longer permitted to get closer to the Alexandria Waterfront, and so you have your ride drop you off at 201 N. Union Street which is the Torpedo Factory and just walk behind the Torpedo Factory to the right and walk towards the Waterfront to then locate the booth for purchasing /picking up tickets or you can purchase it online or over the phone: Potomac Riverboat Company at 1-877-511-2628)

When: Saturday, September 7th, 2019 (We will begin our lunch time meal at 1:00 in the afternoon)

Where: The National Harbor (Restaurant to be determined: likely to be Rosa Mexicano Restaurant)

Cost: $25 collected at the restaurant.

Food: Guacamole en Molcajete, HAND TACO, Enchilada, and Quesadilla de Carne Asada

Time: Afternoon lunch, travel activities, and evening fun beginning around 1:00

Please join us for a great meal, drinks, and exploration of The National Harbor on Saturday, September 7th. RSVP to Naim Abu-El Hawa no later than 11:59pm on Tuesday, September 3rd, 2019. Naim can be reached via email at nmabuelhawa at gmail.com<mailto:nmabuelhawa at gmail.com> or via phone at 202-848-8932.

Thank you all for so graciously working on having this project come together. As earlier stated, please feel free to circulate this announcement as far and wide as possible. I look forward to receiving many RSVPs by or before Tuesday, September 3rd.

Many thanks and much respect.

Sincerely,

Naim