[NFBV-Alexandria] BELL camp for kids

Valdez, Evelyn Evelyn.Valdez at va.gov
Wed Jun 19 13:28:57 UTC 2019

Please share with your networks and those who may be interested.

SIGN UP TODAY! AND SHARE!

For those in the DC/VA/MD area.
FREE day camp for blind and low vision kids, AND a FREE inTact Sketchpad to go along with this year’s theme of tactile graphics and art. Thanks to donations by the #AmericanActionFundforBlindChildrenAndAdults! This is a REALLY awesome product, check out the product link at: http://www.easytactilegraphics.com/product/intact-sketchpad/.

For anyone who has or knows someone who has a child who is blind or visually impaired in the DC/MD/VA area. I’m so excited about the upcoming BELL camp for kids in Washington DC. And it’s right around the corner! Check it out- below is the link to register in English and Spanish. Please share this with your friends and networks so we can reach as many kids as possible.

The AWESOME thing about the Washington DC BELL program is that it’s FREE! With lunch and transportation provided!

The NFB BELL (Braille Enrichment for Literacy and Learning) Academy prepares blind and low-vision children, ages four through twelve, to grow into confident and independent blind people who live the lives they want.

In addition to Braille crafts, games, and other engaging projects, children learn vital independent living skills, interact with blind adults who serve as mentors, and enjoy field trips to sites related to the NFB BELL Academy curriculum. Through these activities and interactions, the children learn that blindness or low vision does not define them or their future.

The event dates are July 29 - August 9.  9:00 am - 3:30 PM
Event location is 239 Carroll Street NW, Washington DC 21230

Please do reach out to me with any questions.
And don’t forget to share this!

Registration link:
(Spanish)
https://archive.nfb.org/bell-student-application-form-es