[NFBV-Alexandria] FW: last goalball practice of May coming up this Saturday and next, and kayaking rescheduled to May 19

Valdez, Evelyn Evelyn.Valdez at va.gov
Mon May 13 17:55:29 UTC 2019

Good day,
This is a bulletin from Metro Washington Association of Blind Athletes (MWABA) President Ms. Karla Gilbride.
Please check out some activities that could keep you active.

Hi all,

Metro Washington Association of Blind Athletes (MWABA)   won’t be having goalball practice the Saturday of Memorial Day weekend, so the last goalball practice of May, before we scale back to our summer schedule, will be this Saturday, May 18. Hope you can join us!

Also, our Try Kayaking event with the National Fitness Challenge, which was supposed to take place on Cinco de Mayo two Sundays ago  unfortunately had to be postponed due to rain and high water levels. We’ve rescheduled the event for Sunday, May 19 from 1-5 PM. If you’ve already signed up and still plan to attend, you don’t need to do anything. If you can no longer attend (and you haven’t already told me that), please send me an email so we can take you off the list. And if you weren’t able to go before but now can, please sign up below:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1nPY_n2kWpVo-7w0IvxFptxZlsU74OV1zU44jQW1qi5k/edit

Last but not least, please mark your calendars for the next Metro Washington Association of Blind Athletes Blind Poker Night fundraiser on Monday, May 20. Facebook event coming soon!

That’s all for this edition of the newsletter. Until next time, have fun and stay active!
Karla