[NFBV-Alexandria] Potomac Chapter Wine Tasting

Valdez, Evelyn Evelyn.Valdez at va.gov
Wed Sep 4 13:45:43 UTC 2019

Good morning Renee,
Would you please disseminate to our chapter members and I hope that we can support the Potomac Chapter.

A message from John halverson, President of the Potomac Chapter
Dear Potomac chapter Members and Friends,

You are cordially invited to join us for a wine tasting event and seminar to benefit the Potomac Chapter of the National Federation of the Blind.    The event will fund outreach programs for blind youth, seniors and working age adults.  We need to know if you can attend by Wednesday, September 11, so we can provide a final count to the organizers. Drop ins that day will not be accepted. Seating is limited.

The details:

National Federation of the Blind Wine Tasting
Saturday, September 14, 2019
4:00 PM - 6:00 PM
Cost:  $40/person.  Please make checks payable to PC-NFB.  Credit cards are also accepted.

An exciting variety of wines will be offered along with accompaniments of fine cheeses and chocolate.  Tim Morse, an expert in wine and a prize-winning wine maker will be explaining the wines.  Each wine will be presented in a relaxed lecture format with plenty of time to enjoy each wine, mingle, and socialize with friends.

If you have always wanted to learn more about wine or just wanted to expand your horizons, this event will be a great time.

All wines will be available to be ordered from Arrow Wine in Arlington and the Potomac Chapter will receive a portion of all sales so please consider ordering some of your favorites.

Location in Pentagon City:
The James at River House
Party Room
1111 Army-Navy Drive
Arlington, VA  22202
Metro directions can be provided and free parking is available at the River House.

The actual entrance to The James at River House is on South Joyce Street immediately at the intersection of Army-Navy and South Joyce. The building is immediately across the street from Pentagon Row, and specifically Bed, Bath & Beyond and entrance to the Harris Teeter grocery. Taxi drivers sometimes refer to the building as Building 1.
If you need driving directions or have difficulty , you can contact the building's concierge/front desk via telephone at :  703 521-6200<tel:703%C2%A0521-6200>.

Traveling via Metro:
The building is easily accessible from the Pentagon City Metro station on Metro's Blue and Yellow lines. For those taking Metro, meet at the Pentagon City station fare gates at 3:40 PM to meet a group walking the short walk to the building.  Detailed walking directions can also be provided if you can't meet at 3:40 by emailing Joe Hobson at
joehobson at comcast.net<mailto:joehobson at comcast.net>

You can reach Joe via his home phone at 703 553-8484<tel:703%20553-8484>.  On the day of the event, Joe can be reached via his mobile phone at 202 669-5557<tel:202%C2%A0669-5557>.
Parking directions:

Easy free parking is available at the building with a parking permit obtained from one of our greeters located in the building lobby.

  1.  park temporarily in the designated parking places in front of the building by the main entrance and come in to the concierge at the front desk in the lobby and get the pass.
  2.  Put the pass in the dash board of your car.
  3.  Park in the adjacent parking lot.
  4.  From the parking lot, one can enter the ground entrance to the building.  This entrance has a business center located near the entrance on the right and a gym on the left.

Someone will be waiting inside the building to greet you and provide directions to the party room. The party room is on the level labelled either Ground or Basement.

If you need assistance on the day of the event or if you arrive after 4:15 PM, contact Tracy Soforenko on his mobile phone at 202<tel:703%20635-2085> 285-4595.

To RSVP or ask questions, please contact Tracy Soforenko.

Tracy Soforenko
President, National Federation of the Blind of Virginia
202 285-4595
Tracy.soforenko at gmail.com<mailto:Tracy.soforenko at gmail.com>
www.nfb.org<http://www.nfb.org>
www.nfbv.org<http://www.nfbv.org>
National Federation of the Blind. Live the Life You Want
The National Federation of the Blind is a community of members and friends who believe in the hopes and dreams of the nation's blind. Every day we work together to help blind people live the lives they want.