[Nfbv-announce] Kindle Reader and the Authors GuildFW: Call & Email to Authors Guild

Fredric Schroeder fschroeder at sks.com
Sun Apr 12 15:04:44 UTC 2009

Friends,

As all of you know, the Authors Guild is concerned that the Kindle 2 eBook
reader will harm sales of audible books.  As a result, Amazon has agreed to
allow publishers to turn off the text to speech feature on newly released
eBooks.  Below is a note from Debbie Prost.  Following the protest in New
York last Tuesday, Debbie contacted the Authors Guild to express her views
on the controversy.  I encourage all of you to do the same.  Debbie's note
below is an excellent example to follow when writing.

Thanks for all you do, and keep up the good work.

Fred Schroeder, President

  _____