[Nfbv-announce] FW: LA Times Festival of Books

Fredric Schroeder fschroeder at sks.com
Fri Apr 17 14:46:34 UTC 2009

  _____

From: Danielsen, Chris [mailto:CDanielsen at nfb.org]
Sent: Friday, April 17, 2009 8:18 AM
To: Alpidio Rolon; Amy Buresh; Anil Lewis; Art Schreiber; Beth Rival; Bob
Kresmer; Carl Jacobsen; Cathy Jackson; Charlene Smyth; Christine G. Hall;
Daniel Burke; David Ticchi; Don Galloway; Donna Wood; Elsie Lamp; Frank Lee;
Franklin Shiner; Fred Schroeder; Fred Wurtzel; Gary Ray; Gary Wunder; J.W.
Smith; James Antonacci; James Broadnax; Jennelle Bichler; Jennifer Dunnam;
Jerree Harris; Joe Ruffalo; John Batron; John Fritz; Joyce Scanlan; Kathy
Davis; Ken Rollman; Kevan Worley; Marie Johnson; Mary Willows; Melissa
Riccobono; Michael Barber; Michael Freeman; Nani Fife; Pam Allen; Parnell
Diggs; Patti Chang; Richard Bennett; Richard Gaffney; Ron Brown; Ron
Gardner; Sam Gleese; Scott LaBarre; Selena Sundling-Crawford; Steven
Priddle; Terri Rupp; Tommy Craig
Subject: LA Times Festival of Books

Dear Fellow Federationists:

The Reading Rights Coalition, led by the National Federation of the Blind,
is scheduled to participate in the Los Angeles Times Festival of Books.  The
coalition will have a table set up in one of the festival's exhibit areas so
that we may provide the reading and publishing communities with information
about our concerns regarding the threatened "turning off" of text-to-speech
in books available for Amazon's Kindle 2 electronic reading device. The
festival, the largest book fair in the world, will take place on the campus
of the University of California at Los Angeles from April 25-26.  If you
would like to help with our exhibit, please contact Ann-Marie Laney by
calling (410) 659-9314, extension 2219, or e-mail her at
<mailto:alaney at nfb.org> alaney at nfb.org.  Please join us in our continuing
efforts to ensure that everyone has access to e-books.