[Nfbv-announce] Legislative Alert-From Diane McGeorge-Washington Seminar Reminder

Fredric Schroeder fschroeder at sks.com
Mon Dec 21 18:17:00 UTC 2009

>From Diane McGeorge:

This is a reminder about making your hotel reservations for the 2010
Washington Seminar.  Our deadline is December 30, 2009, and though I know
most of you are busy with holiday activities and preparations, we would
certainly appreciate getting your reservations as early as possible.

We would like to have representation from all fifty states and we have not
quite reached that goal.  So help us out and encourage members from your
state affiliates to attend.  Since 2010 is a very important year for the
blind of this country, and we need as many Federationists as possible to
attend and help carry the message to Congress.

I hope you have made your reservations for the meeting space that you might
need.  Our space is completely gone for Monday, February 1, but if you wish
space for Sunday, January 31, we will do our best to fill your requests.

Following is the information that I need to have to assure you of a room at
the Holiday Inn.  The address of the Holiday Inn Capitol is 550 C Street SW,
Washington, D.C. 20024.

1.      First of all I will need to have the names of the persons who will
be in the room.  If you make the reservation by phone, please spell the
first and the last name of each person.

2.      I will need to have your arrival date and departure date.  If people
are sharing the room, and their arrival and departure dates are different
from yours, please be sure to indicate that.

3.      I will need to know whether you wish a smoking or a non-smoking
room.  Also, if you have any special requirements, please advise.  For
example, if you require an accessible room, please include that information.
If you wish to have a roll-away bed in the room, please let me know.  If you
request a roll-away bed, there will be an additional $10 charge per night.

4.      If you make your reservation by phone, and if you have an e-mail
address, please leave that e-mail information so that we may send you
confirmation that your reservation was received and processed.  If you have
no e-mail address, then please leave a telephone number so that I may call
you back with a confirmation.

5.      Per the hotel contract, an individual cancellation must be made at
least seventy-two hours prior to the date of arrival to avoid one night's
room, plus tax, cancellation charges.  To avoid such charges, as soon as
possible you must get in touch with Lisa Bonderson or me if changes to your
reservation are necessary.

The hotel rates are $154 per night for single, double, triple, or quad.
There is an additional 14.5 percent hotel tax for each night.  When you
check in you must be prepared to cover at least the first night of your stay
with either a credit card or check, and then arrange to pay the balance by
presenting a credit card or writing a check for the remainder of the cost.

Please do not contact the hotel to make your reservations.  I submit all the
reservations for the Washington Seminar.  To make your reservation, you may
call (303) 778-1130, extension 219, or you may e-mail Lisa Bonderson at
lbonderson at cocenter.org.  We will confirm receipt of your reservation either
by return e-mail or by telephone, so be sure to provide that contact
information.

Thanks for your prompt attention to this message.

"Have a Blessed and Happy Holiday Season"

Diane McGeorge

DM/wb