[Nfbv-announce] Braille Coin Launch Event

Fredric Schroeder fschroeder at sks.com
Sun Mar 15 22:59:39 UTC 2009

Friends:

We need to have a good representation of Virginians at the coin
launch ceremony at the National Center.  The coin launch will
generate awareness and interest in the Louis Braille coin which
will help us to get our message about blindness out to the
public.  Please do all you can to attend the launch.  Below is
information about the event.

I hope to see you at the National Center on March 26.  As an
added incentive, the Louis Braille coin will be available for
sale at the event.

Hope to see you there!

Fred Schroeder, President

_
NATIONAL AMBASSADORS
Marc  Maurer
President, National Federation of the  Blind
Braille Reader
Terry  Bradshaw
Hall of Fame  Quarterback
Michael Hingson
Motivational  Speaker
Braille Reader
Dr.  Abraham  Nemeth
Professor Emeritus
Inventor of the Nemeth  Code
Braille Reader
Daniel “Rudy” Ruettiger
Motivational speaker
Former collegiate football  player
The Honorable Pat  Schroeder
Executive Director, Association of American  Publishers
Former Member of Congress

Larry Shepherd
Executive  Director,
American Numismatic  Association
Dr.  Geerat  Vermeij
Professor of  Geology, University of  California at Davis
Braille  Reader

(http://www.marchforindependence.org/site/R?i=lBm1sm14G3KAyzQz-Ib
c2w..)
You Are Invited
The National Federation of the Blind
would like to invite you
to the launch of  the
Louis Braille Bicentennial  Silver Dollar!

When:   March 26, 2009

Time:     10:00 a.m.  (Doors open  at 9:30  a.m.)
Where:  National Federation of the  Blind
Jernigan Institute
1800 Johnson  Street
Baltimore,  MD 21230

(http://www.marchforindependence.org/site/R?i=y7cFFQhk0TUq8i2QH7V
zMQ..)

Don't miss your chance to be a part of history!  Join the
National Federation
of the Blind in our effort to bring  awareness to the Braille
literacy crisis
by celebrating the release of  the Louis Braille Bicentennial
Silver Dollar
(the first United States  coin to contain proper tactile Braille)
on  March 26,
2009, at the NFB Jernigan Institute in Baltimore,  Maryland.

Festivities begin at  10:00 a.m.  and will last until
approximately 1:00 p.m.
Attendees will have the first  opportunity to purchase the Louis
Braille
Bicentennial Silver  Dollar.  U.S.  Mint Director  Ed Moy will
speak at the  event
and will also be available to sign letters of  authenticity.

Dr.  Fred Schroeder will be the master of ceremonies and Dr.
Marc Maurer will
 offer the keynote address.

A  fair with light refreshments and Braille activities for all
ages will be
held from 11:00 a.m.  to 1:00 p.m.  in conjunction with the
launch  ceremony.

The event will also mark the nationwide release of a
groundbreaking report
on the Braille literacy crisis in  America.  This,  you will not
want to  miss.

To attend the event R_egister online _
(http://www.marchforindependence.org/site/R?i=9YZmrVZ2fjmJXtwfjc4
4YA..)  or call (410) 659-9314,  extension 2230.
For more information about  the Louis Braille commemorative coin
visit the
_Web  site of the U.S.  Mint._
(http://www.marchforindependence.org/site/R?i=c3UWiDf9sNbEEG50yR4
mww..)