[Nfbv-announce] Commissioner of DBVI

Fredric Schroeder fschroeder at sks.com
Mon Jun 7 20:43:46 UTC 2010

FYI.

-----Original Message-----
From: Hopkins, Raymond E. (DBVI)
Sent: Monday, June 07, 2010 4:34 PM
Subject: Commissioner of DBVI

All,

Good afternoon. I am sending this email to update you on the status of
Governor McDonnell's decision regarding the position of Commissioner of
the Virginia Department for the Blind and Vision Impaired. Today, I have
been informed that the Governor is announcing my reappointment to the
Commissioner's post. I very much look forward to having the continued
honor of working with Governor McDonnell, HHR Secretary Bill Hazel and
you in serving Virginians who are blind and vision impaired in
meaningful and effective ways which facilitate their being productive
and engaged members of our communities and Commonwealth.

The Governor envisions a Commonwealth of Opportunity, and through your
combined efforts Virginians who are visually impaired will enjoy the
same opportunities as do other citizens of the Commonwealth. We will
continue to partner with our sister agencies that form the DSA, consumer
organizations, advisory groups and other stakeholders to assure that our
customers have access to the programs, services and tools necessary for
successful rehabilitation and education outcomes. The challenges are
significant, but  through partnerships and collaboration we can continue
to give the people served by us opportunities to achieve their dreams.

Thank you for your ongoing efforts on behalf of the DBVI clientele. Your
professionalism, respect for customers and hard work have proven to be
successful in the past. It is because of the great things you do that I
have the opportunity to continue in this role for the next three and a
half years. Let's keep it going.

There will be changes coming our way over the next few months and years.
DBVI must continue to adapt to internal and external changes to remain
relevant. By believing in the people we serve and one another, we can
meet and exceed all expectations placed on us. I believe in you and in
our mission.

Thanks for all that you do. I look forward to the great things that lie
ahead for DBVI.

Regards,

Ray

Raymond E. Hopkins, Commissioner
Virginia Department for the Blind and Vision Impaired
397 Azalea Avenue
Richmond, VA 23227
Phone: (804) 371-3145
Toll Free (in Virginia): (800) 622-2155