[Nfbv-announce] Foundation Allows Blind and Visually Impaired Children to Touch, Pet, Groom and Ride horses

Fredric Schroeder fschroeder at sks.com
Thu Mar 25 14:26:32 UTC 2010

Information From Joe Hobson:

++++++++++

Jack Wood

9503 Quail Pointe Lane

Fairfax Station, VA 22039

Let me introduce myself.

I am Jack Wood,  and I am totally blind.

I founded a foundation, that will allow blind and visually impaired

children of all ages to touch, pet, groom and ride horses. Even though I
have been

totally blind since birth , I have been riding horses since I was 5 years
old. I

have subsequently through the years become a trainer of horses, offering
instruction,

while at the same time, become an admirer of the horse as a magnificent
animal. I

believe the horse is one of the most incredible animals

and I believe that most visually impaired and totally blind people have
never had

the opportunity to see how great this animal is.

Through the endeavors of the foundation , we are going to be able to bring
families

to ride the horses. We also hope to take

blind and visually impaired individuals on trail rides to enjoy nature,
guiding the

horse through the woods and open areas.

WE have a certified instructor who, along with me, will work with you to
insure that

you have asafe experience.

If you , or you know of others, who would like to participate in having a
unique

equestrian experience,  please call toll-free: 1-800-459-9635 or send an
email to:

bljack1 at earthlink.net

.  We will be pleased to discuss the program with you and all the advantages
this

special program may bring to you and those you know. There are no charges
for participating

in the guiding Eyes experience. If transportation may be a concern,  we may
be able

to assist with that to help.

For additional information, please referto our web site:

 <http://www.jack-wood.com/> www.jack-wood.com

.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Jack Wood

President

The  Foundation is a 501C3 not for profit foundation