[Nfbv-announce] Announcing the Prince William Low-Vision Resource Fair - May 1, 2010

lpovinelli lpovinelli at aol.com
Fri Mar 26 19:12:32 UTC 2010

Please Circulate

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
March 24, 2010

Contact:
Jody Silverberg
6134 Oaklawn Lane
Woodbridge, VA  22193
Phone: 703-730-1716
Email: Mozbud at aol.com

Announcing the Prince William Low-Vision Resource Fair for Children and
Adults

(Woodbridge, VA) - The Prince William Chapter of the National Federation of
the Blind is hosting its first annual Low-Vision Resource Fair for Children
and Adults on Saturday, May 1, 2010, in the Cedar Run room of the McCoart
Building located at 1 County Complex Court, Woodbridge from 10:00 a.m. until
1:00 p.m.

At the fair, attendees will have an opportunity to meet vendors representing
low and high-tech products for the visually impaired as well as learning
about other community resources for those with vision loss.

Jody Silverberg, President of the Prince William Chapter of the NFB said,
"One of the biggest problems we all have is finding the resources we need.
The resources are out there and this fair will bring everyone together".
There are people and products out there that can help, and we invite anyone
with vision loss to come and find the solution that works best for them,"
Silverberg said.

One of the highlights of the fair will be a demonstration of NFB-NEWSLINE.
This free service is available to anyone who is unable to read the newspaper
and who has a phone or computer. With a NFB-NEWSLINE subscription, you can
have access to over 300 U.S. newspapers with the ease of making a local
phone call.

If you are unable to attend the fair but wish to be informed about future
events and programs, please contact Jody Silverberg at 703-730-1716.

The National Federation of the Blind of Virginia is a non-profit self- help
organization consisting of over 50,000 members and 700 chapters throughout
the 50 states. The NFB was organized by the blind to help the blind achieve
security, opportunity, and equality via education and advocacy.