[Nfbv-announce] First At Large Chapter... Smashing Success!

Fredric Schroeder fschroeder at sks.com
Wed Mar 31 12:43:59 UTC 2010

>From Jessica Kostiw:

Greetings All!

I am excited to report that the first monthly meeting of the NFBV At Large
Chapter was... may I say a smashing success!!

Ten participants from all over the state called in and attended!  Dr. Fred
Schroeder, the First Vice President of the National Federation of the Blind
and our own state president, launched off the meeting by providing the
history and mission statement of the NFB.  John Bailey explained to callers
that starting a chapter in areas where one currently does not exist is more
possible then one may think.  Jody Silverberg invited all (who wished) to
attend the first Prince William Chapter meeting of NFBV.  The meeting will
be held Saturday May 8th in Woodbridge in the Cedar Run room of the McCoart
Building located at 1 County Complex Court, Woodbridge.  The meeting will
run from 10:00 am to 1:00 pm.

Next Jessica Kostiw led a discussion on exactly what the chapter members
would like to see in an "At Large" Chapter.  Participants expressed a desire
to have practical discussions to exchange information on training centers,
national convention, sports, News Line in Virginia, and so much more!

The next meeting of the NFBV At Large Chapter will be held by teleconference
on Thursday, April 29th from 8:00 pm to 9:00 pm.
I look forward to seeing you there!

Jessica Kostiw