[Nfbv-announce] Action Auction

Fredric Schroeder fschroeder at sks.com
Tue Nov 9 06:18:10 UTC 2010

Action Auction at our Virginia Convention run by Auctioneer,
Jacki Brown

Starting this Friday through Sunday, there will be many items
auctioned at our State Convention in Falls Church, VA.  On
Friday, most items will be on display.  Look for the Auction
items displayed in the Hall near our conference rooms.  You may
preview the items described and place "silent" bids on them.  On
Saturday and Sunday, those "silent" bids will be the opening
price asked for the item.  If no one else bids, then you have the
item.  If they do, then you'd better be there to speak up ...  or
it will be forever lost to you.

All those contributing items please bring them to the Hall on
Friday or contact me Thursday.

A sample of the items to go up for bid:

1.  Children's Quilt.  Brown Calico pony against a white
background.  36"w X 55" h.
    Pony has floppy ears.  Use as wall hanging or on crib.
2.  Spring cotton ripple afghan in 4 different colors by Cathy
Schroeder.
3.  Gift Basket of Wine and Cheese from Jennifer Kennedy.
4.  Wooden "wild animal" necklace from Africa.
5.  Copy of a Renoir painting.  48"w X 40"h.  All soft blues of 2
women rowing on
    the  Seine.    Great mantelpiece work of art.
6.  2 Lbs of Gerhart Chocolates from Charlottesville.
7.  Fudge from "The Fudge Factory" in historic Fredericksburg,
VA.
8.  Vintage hand-sewed quilt.  Lavender with red calico patched
diamonds.  Was Seville Allen's grandmother's.
9.  2009 Louis Braille proof coin
10.  2009 Louis Braille commemorative coin
11.  Large Afghan
12.  Multi-stringed Seed Pearl/gold beaded necklace.