[Nfbv-announce] Childcare Available At Upcoming Virginia State Convention

Nancy Yeager nancyyeager542 at verizon.net
Sun Oct 31 18:48:27 UTC 2010

If you are a parent coming to this year's convention, this is a reminder
that childcare will be available for children of convention attendees in
Room 342 of the hotel. Our experienced childcare workers (see bios at end of
announcement) will care for infants through fifth grade and have activities
and games to entertain them.

Childcare Is Available:

Friday - 6:00 pm to 10:00 pm, $5.00 per family (payable at pre-registration
or registration) Saturday morning - 8:45 to 12:15 $5.00 per family (payable
at pre-registration or registration) Saturday afternoon - 12:15 to 5:15
$5.00 per family (payable at pre-registration or registration) Saturday
evening - 6:45 to one-half hour after end of banquet $5.00 per family
(payable at pre-registration or registration)

MEALS AND SNACKS - Morning and afternoon snacks are provided. Lunch is not
provided. Parents may either pick up their children at the end of the
morning session for lunch or bring lunch to them before heading off to one
of the lunch-time sessions listed in this program. The childcare room will
be fully staffed during lunch. Finally, childcare will close between 5:15
P.M. and 6:45 P.M. on Saturday. We ask that parents provide dinner for their
children during this break before returning them to childcare.

If you have questions about childcare prior to the convention, contact Nancy
Yeager, Childcare Coordinator, (703) 283-2524 or nancyyeager542 at verizon.net.

Tracy Yeager:

Hello, My name is Tracy Yeager. You may know me and/or my parents, Nancy and
Jerry Yeager, both of whom are very active in the Potomac Chapter. I am
happy to say that I along with a friend will be providing Childcare for the
weekend of the Virginia state convention. As of right now I am a sophomore
at High Point University in North Carolina and I am studying to be an
Elementary Education teacher with a minor in Special Education. I have
always loved and enjoyed working with kids and have had a lot of experience
from infants to middle-schoolers. I have been babysitting and working with
children for many years including summer camp counselor, Sunday school
teacher, various babysitting opportunities and most recently this past
summer I worked as a part time nanny.  I have attended and worked at many
conventions both state and national in the past and most recently worked
with the BELL Program. I have had a lot of experience working with both
blind and sighted children and we will have activities for both so that
everyone will have a great weekend.

Katie Deangelo:

My name is Katie DeAngelo and I am a friend of Tracy's. I am originally from
Foxboro Massachusetts but attend school in North Carolina at High Point
University. I also am a sophomore studying Elementary Education with a
potential minor in Special Education or Psychology. At school I am a member
of Phi Mu sorority and an English tutor for students on campus. I have been
working with children for most of my life helping to take care of my younger
cousins and family friends children. I have babysat for multiple children
ranging in ages from infants to about 10 years of age and have also worked
as a summer camp counselor. I love working with kids and in the future I
want to be a second grade teacher.  I am looking forward to working with
your children for the weekend and want to thank you for this opportunity.