[Nfbv-announce] Blind Driver Experience

Fredric Schroeder fschroeder at sks.com
Wed Mar 16 20:50:07 UTC 2011

>From Parnell Diggs:

Hello Fred!

I just wanted to touch base about a new Imagination Fund initiative we are
launching, as you prepare to travel this weekend.  Please tell members that
we will be offering the Blind Driver Experience on the afternoon of Tuesday,
July 5, for thirty Federationists who raise $1000 or more for the National
Federation of the Blind Imagination Fund.

Here's how it will work.  The top ten Imaginators in this year's campaign in
terms of money raised, along with twenty others drawn from a pool of
individuals who raise at least $1000 by June 15, 2011, will be entitled to
select up to three friends and ride in the Blind Driver ChallengeT  car
along side an experienced blind driver.

Participants will have the opportunity to see the technology up close,
dialogue with the driver, and be the envy of the other 3000 plus attendees
at the Orlando National Convention.  To have a chance to take part in this
initiative, members must register for the Convention, sign-up for the Race
for Independence at www.raceforindependence.org
<blocked::http://www.raceforindependence.org/>  or by calling 410-659-9314
ext. 2371, and raise at least $1000 by June 15.  Remember the top ten
Imaginators will qualify automatically, and the other twenty will be chosen
by a drawing from a pool of those who raise at least $1000 by June 15.

Have a great trip.  Talk to you soon.

Parnell Diggs, Chairman

National Federation of the Blind Imagination Fund