[Nfbv-announce] searching for an individual who has experience in the field of science and uses Braille

John Bailey john_bailey17 at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 27 21:57:04 UTC 2011

Kim Avila
Hello,
I am searching for an individual who has experience in the field of science
and uses Braille as a primary mode for literacy.  My guest speaker for class
this Thursday, March 31 can no longer make it and I am looking for a
replacement.  Ideally this person should have a background in high school
and/or college with sciences and possibly holds a current job in any field
of science.  The individual will talk to a group of graduate Braille
students and share strategies, adaptations and devices used to access the
field of science.  The class will learn about Chemical Braille Code as well
that evening during my lesson.  The class begins at 7pm on March 31 and the
guest speaker can have up to one hour to talk and present.  If interested,
please email me at krwa at verizon.net

The class meets about 1.5 miles from GMU's main Fairfax campus.  Address
will be provided to the volunteer(s).

Thank you,

Kim Avila