[Nfbv-announce] Richmond Seminar 2012

Michael Kasey michaelgkasey at verizon.net
Mon Nov 28 23:29:13 UTC 2011

Richmond Seminar 2012

All Federationist should consider joining other members in Richmond to visit
the General Assembly!

This is your opportunity to spend time together while advocating for all
Blind Citizens of Virginia.

We will meet at the Crowne Plaza on Monday, January 16, 2012 at  3 PM for
our NFBV Board meeting.

On Tuesday morning, January 17 we will visit our Delegates and Senators in
the General Assembly building.

Our preliminary legislative priorities are:

1. Maintain Separate State Agency Serving Blind Virginians with Adequate
Funding

2. Reform the SOQ Caseload Formula for Blind Students

Stay tuned for the Board meeting announcement and agenda.

Let your Chapter President know you are coming so we can develop teams.

Make your reservations now for Monday evening January 16, 2012

Sleeping room rates are $75 per night plus taxes.

Crowne Plaza Richmond Downtown

555 East Canal Street Richmond, Virginia 23219

Telephone:  804-788-0900 or 800-227-6963

Cutoff date for reservations is January 6, 2012

If you have any questions, contact Michael Kasey

(540)760-3885 or michaelgkasey at verizon.net
<mailto:michaelgkasey at verizon.net%20>  or Tracy Soforenko at (703)635-2085
or PotomacNFB at verizon.net

Financial Assistance:

All are encouraged to attend the Richmond Seminar.  If you need financial
assistance for travel expenses to attend the Board meeting and Richmond
Seminar, you should first request assistance from your Chapter President in
advance.

If your Chapter is not in a position to help you, the Chapter President will
request assistance from our State President, Fred Schroeder.

The State President will issue approval via email to your Chapter President,
Mark Roane(our Treasurer) as well  as you.

In most circumstances, Mark Roane will issue a check for expenses after you
have provided to him the proper receipts.  Some guidelines to remember are:

Sleeping rooms are to be shared in order to minimize costs.

All requests are to be made in advance of the trip.

Reimbursements are made after receipts are mailed to Mark Roane.