[Nfbv-announce] A Memorial for Eric Schwartz

Fredric Schroeder fschroeder at sks.com
Sat Sep 3 02:38:07 UTC 2011

>From Michael Fish:  This announcement was sent to the members of
the Potomac Chapter, but I wanted all members of the affiliate to
be aware of the passing of Eric Schwarz.

Dear Potomac Chapter Members,

After numerous calls to Eric Schwarz during the past few months
with no response, we finally reached Eric's wife Sandy who told
us of Eric's passing at the end of July.

She said that they had spent three difficult months at Duke
University Hospital in Durham, North Carolina where   he was
being treated for a terminal cancer condition.  We lost Eric on
July 30th, 2011.

Eric joined the Potomac Chapter just a few years ago.  He had
become an important contributor to many of our big and small
functions, where his music added immensely to the enjoyment of
all of us.  Earlier this year we learned that he was planning to
participate in teaching in the BELL program.  He had hoped to
work with the children and teach them to draw according to a
method he had devised for himself.  He was excited about teaching
them to build their own musical instruments.

We will miss Eric.   We will miss his music, his compassion and
creativity.  And, we will miss his wonderful off-the -wall sense
of humor.

His wife, Sandy, said that Eric did not want a funeral or
memorial service, but she felt that he would appreciate a
gathering of his friends to celebrate his life.  She will have
The Eric Schwartz Farewell music Extravaganza on 17th September
from 2 to 7 Saturday, at the American legion Post, 3445 N.
Washington Blvd.  Anyone who is a musician can come and play.
There will be people from many of the bands with whom Eric has
played and other friends and family attending.

RSVP is not necessary.

Pot luck is invited.

For more information you may e-mail Sandy at
commishsmith at verizon.net