[Nfbv-announce] Legislative Update

Mark W. Roane mwroane at mindspring.com
Tue Feb 21 15:06:08 UTC 2012

Good morning all,

On Monday, February 20, I was able to meet with the 2 other House conferees and explain our position concerning the consolidation of the DBVI.  Both meetings went very well as the information that I shared with them was well received.  At this point, we don't have any concrete assurances that the DBVI will not be consolidated but I believe that all House conferees are leaning favorably in that direction.
It is now very important that we continue to make friendly calls to each conferee, thanking them for their willingness to understand our position and, continuing to urge them not to consolidate the DBVI.  The House conferees can be reached by calling:
Delegate Chris Jones of Suffolk (804) 698-1076
Delegate Todd Gilbert of Woodstock (804) 698-1015
Delegate Mathew James of Portsmouth (804) 698-1080

I know from conversations that I have heard around the General Assembly building that our phone calls are making a difference.  Great job! and keep it up.

The Senate Committee on General Laws & Technology has not yet taken up HB1291 and it is now expected that it will do so next Monday, February 27.  I will keep all of you posted as I learn more information.

Mark