[Nfbv-announce] Legislative Update

Mark W. Roane mwroane at mindspring.com
Tue Feb 28 03:01:31 UTC 2012

Good evening all,

This is just a quick update to let all of you know where we stand with HB1291 and SB678.

On Monday, February 27, 2012, the Senate Committee on General Laws & Technology took up HB1291.  As expected, they moved to conform HB1291 to SB678.  This is exactly what we thought would happen and needed to happen in order for the legislation to proceed to the next step.  Also on Monday afternoon, The House of Delegates made formal request for a Conference Committee to resolve the differences in the 2 bills.
I am hopeful that we will hear tomorrow who Senator Frank Ruff, who is the chair of the Senate General Laws & Technology Committee, will appoint to serve on the Conference Committee on the Senate side.  I will let you all know when I learn this information.
Everyone is doing a great job of contacting members of the General Assembly and letting them know our position on these bills.  Keep up the good work.

Mark Roane