[Nfbv-announce] Excellent Teamwork on Richmond Seminar

potomac NFB PotomacNFB at verizon.net
Thu Jan 19 04:46:24 UTC 2012

Hello Virginia Federationists:

Our Richmond Seminar was a tremendous success. This year, we were extremely
organized, worked with legislative leaders in advance of the session, and
arrived in Richmond ready to produce results.

Our budget amendment now has powerful bi-partisan supporters in the House
appropriations and Senate Finance committees.  Yea!

This year, we fielded 10 teams with 42 participants. I am asking team
leaders to email Michael and me with the results of your visits so we can
determine the next steps for follow up. Please do not reply with the results
from each legislative meeting to the entire announce list, just Michael and
I.

You all should feel very proud of our work together.

I want to thank corbb O'Connor for his absolutely tremendous work to update
the list based on the 2011 election. Charlie Brown did a great job with the
fact sheet. John Halverson produced our Braille copies under some tight
deadlines. Holly and Sandy from Fredericksburg also assisted with the
legislative update. Michael Kasey, Mark Roane and Charlie Brown worked with
their legislators to secure our co-patrons.

Finally, I want to thank our team leaders: Charlie, Fred, Mark, Michael,
Sandy, Stewart, Mary, Jerry, Joe and Sandy for an excellent job leading your
respective teams.

You can be proud of the work we have done together and we expect there will
be more work in the next 60 days as we move forward in this fast legislative
session

Great work!

Tracy Soforenko

President, Potomac Chapter, National Federation of the Blind

 <mailto:PotomacNFB at verizon.net> PotomacNFB at verizon.net

703 635-2085