[Nfbv-announce] Fairfax Chapter White Cane Collection

Taylor, Wanda P wanda.p.taylor at hud.gov
Mon Mar 19 16:23:45 UTC 2012

Greetings all
Do you have canes that are too short, or too long, or too light or too heavy or just gently used and they are still in usable condition?  Then here is your opportunity to donate them.
The Fairfax chapter is collecting gently used canes.
  these canes will be sent to a school for the blind in Kenya that is in need of canes.
  We are asking that each Chapter President  collect the canes from your chapter members.   for those Virginia NFB representatives that will be attending the May 5 Board meeting in Richmond, it would be greatly appreciated if you collect the canes that have been donated by your chapter and bring them with you to the NFB board meeting that is scheduled for May 5,  where they will be collected and taken back to Fairfax.   The person in charge of the project is Helen Acerona of the Fairfax Chapter.
This is a great opportunity to reach out to touch those in need and share in our independence of mobility.
If you have any questions or require additional information please contact Helen CHerono  on 202-957-4347 or  Wanda Taylor on 703-212-7392.

Thank you in advance for your assistance and cooperation in this matter.

Wanda Taylor

President, Fairfax Chapter

National Federation of the Blind

Proud Member of the NFB