[Nfbv-announce] Veterans Day

Michael Kasey michaelgkasey at verizon.net
Tue Nov 11 14:25:47 UTC 2014

Fellow Members and Friends of the National Federation of the Blind of
Virginia

Today we celebrate and remember all Veterans that have served America.

Our Freedom is secure because of the Men and Women that have dedicated their
lives to defending us.  Among these brave soldiers are those of course in
our NFB families.  At our 56th annual convention this past weekend, we were
honored to have them serve yet again.  Four Blind Veterans participated with
the color guard during our opening ceremonies.  Each proudly accompanied a
flag representing the branch for which they served.

This participation is a first, yet we expect will continue at future
conventions in Virginia as it has at National Convention.

Please Join us in thanking them for there service.

Roy Murphy (Marine Corps)

Joe Hobson (Army)

Hunter Matthews (Air Force)

Scott Durbin(Navy)

Let's also take this opportunity to pray for those men and women and their
families that have given their lives for our country.

God Bless America!

Michael Kasey

President, NFBV

between blind people and our dreams. You can have the life you want;
blindness is not what holds you back.