[Nfbv-announce] Walking with John Dubois at 2015 NFB Convention in Orlando

Michael michaelgkasey at verizon.net
Thu Apr 9 19:36:27 UTC 2015

I write to request that you "actively participate" in the National
convention in Orlando this summer by assisting a frinnd.

Mr. John Dubois, an NFB of Virginia  member will attend his first
convention.  He asks that we assist him during the week.  We have committed
to him that his fellow members will be at his side to experience all he can.

If you will attend the 2015 convention and can spend some time with John,
please contact Tajuan.Farmer at va.gov <mailto:Tajuan.Farmer at va.gov>  who has
agreed to maintain a schedule of volunteers.

John has raised the money he needs to attend convention on his own.  He is a
role model for us all.

Some notes from John appear below:

Hello Fred and Michael, I am typing this out on my Focus 40 Blue braille
display the State people purchased me.  The plan is to get my flight
reservations for the Convention made next month.  That is the plan.  Also,
Michael, if you can, could you put a note in the Nfb Members list requesting
that people assist me when at the convention in July?  Make sure when you
put that out that you let people know that I am both blind and hearing
impaired so that they are aware.  It is to my understanding, and if I
understand correctly, that I am not the only one at the National Convention
that is both blind and hearing impaired.  This is all new to me because this
is my first National convention, similar though, to what I have done at the
National Federation of the Blind of Virginia conventions.  We live in
Manassas and I plan to travel by air, leaving July 5 and returning  July 11.

Thank you,

duboisbrl at hotmail.com <mailto:duboisbrl at hotmail.com>

between blind people and our dreams. You can have the life you want;
blindness is not what holds you back.