[Nfbv-announce] Fairfax Chapter meeting this Thursday. Learn all about UBER!

John Bailey john_bailey17 at hotmail.com
Sun Apr 12 12:48:55 UTC 2015

Hi All,
This Thursday at 6:30 PM at Glory Days Grill will be our next meeting. We have a topic that is as controversial as it is interesting.

One topic vision impaired every where have to tackle is the problem of finding dependable and convenient transportation options. Recently, several businesses have been working to fill a transportation niche. Uber.com is a company that leverages the Internet to bring easy-to-use and convenient transportation to the public. But, how does Uber work for us who are blind?

Our chapter Vice President Cathy Schroeder is a frequent Uber user and is very familiar with the pros and cons of the service. Cathy (who is blind) will be speaking at our next meeting about how we can get the most out of Uber and what we should expect. You will want to be there for that.

We will also be discussing an alternative meeting place for our meetings. We are out growing Glory Days Grill. We have filled up the meeting room with new members and our goal is to keep growing. So, we need a bigger place. We have a new location in mind and we will be talking about it next Thursday. Again, you will want to be there.

The address for the Glory Days Grill is 3059 Nutley Street, Fairfax, VA  22031-1931
We begin gathering at 6:30 PM and the meeting starts promptly at 7:00 PM and runs till
8:30 PM.

If you have questions, please contact me at john_bailey17 at hotmail.com or via phone at
703.994.2040.

blank