[Nfbv-announce] Recipes needed!

Michael michaelgkasey at verizon.net
Wed Apr 15 21:00:28 UTC 2015

Please see Gary's email request and send your recipe, biography and photo to
me so we may be prepared when it is our turn.  Thank you, Michael

Greetings to a few of you who will soon be asked for recipes for the Braille
Monitor. What do we want? We want about six recipes from each state. They
can be something particular to your geographic area, a favorite that is
prepared for affiliate events, or favorites that your members prepare for
their families and friends. Besides six recipes, we need a short one or two
sentence biography of those whose submissions you send. "Gary Wunder is the
father of four, the president of the NFB of Missouri, and currently edits
the Braille Monitor." "Jill Smith is a freshman at the college of William
and Mary and prepares these snacks for her sorority sisters."

Now comes the hardest part. I need a photo from those who submit. The photos
do a lot to enhance our print edition and make real these people who do the
impossible-cook tremendous taste treats.

I am asking  Utah to help me with June, and, since we use the contributions
of one state each month, you can easily figure out where you fall. I will
send periodic reminders, but please start working on this before the
deadline. I would much rather have Vermont's entry in my pending folder than
to realize in four weeks that I have nothing to work with as I compile the
July issue. I know that it is getting busy as we approach the convention,
but please put this on your to do list and let's start with it. While the
food that goes into your recipes may be perishable, the recipes themselves
are not. Thank you.

Thank you so very much for your help.

Gary Wunder, Editor

The Braille Monitor

(573) 268-4245

blindness is not what holds you back.

The National Federation of the Blind wishes you a joyous and safe holiday
season. We would appreciate your including the NFB in your end-of-year
giving. Make your contribution
<https://nfb.org/civicrm/contribute/transact?reset=1&id=1>  now.