[Nfbv-announce] Agenda for NFBV Board Meeting Saturday May 2

Michael Kasey michaelgkasey at verizon.net
Tue Apr 28 22:50:13 UTC 2015

Meeting of the Board of Directors

Saturday, May 2, 2015

11:00 A.M. - 2:00 P.M.

Location: Assembly Room

Virginia Rehabilitation Center for the Blind and Vision Impaired

401 Azalea Avenue, Richmond, VA 23227.

I.                    Call to Order

II.                  Roll Call and Introduction of Guests

III.                Approval of Minutes from the January 20, 2015 meeting of
the Board of Directors

IV.                Treasurer's Report

V.                  BELL Program Update, Nancy Yeager

VI.                "Building Our NFB of Virginia Leadership - Tracy
Soforenko and Jeremy Grandstaff

VII.              Affiliate Communications Committee - John Bailey

VIII.            NFBV 2015 and 2016 State Conventions - Brian McCann

IX.                National Convention

A.          Coordinating Shuttle Busses at Convention

B.          Jernigan Fund drawing tickets

C.          Independence Market volunteers

D.          Virginia Table and Products to Sell

E.           McDonald Fellowship Winners (McDonald and Jernigan Mentoring)

F.           Virginia Caucus (Monday July 6 10:00 pm?

G.         Door Prizes

H.          Contributions

1. White Cane Fund

2. tenBroek Fund

3. SUN Fund

4. Jernigan Fund

X.                  Report on 2015 Richmond Seminar - Tracy Soforenko

XI.                Committee Updates:

A.  Membership Committee Activities, Mary Durbin & Joe Hobson

B.  Scholarship Committee, Jennifer Kennedy & Sarah Patnaude

C.  Fundraising Committee

a.       Big Fundraiser such as a raffle where we partner with other service
groups

D.  Car Donation Program

E.   Affiliate Communications John Bailey  (covered earlier)

F.   NewslineR, John Halverson

G. Affiliate Advocate, Stewart Prost

XII.              Other Business

Date and Location of Next Board Meeting

August 8 ?

Adjourn at 2 pm

between blind people and our dreams. You can have the life you want;
blindness is not what holds you back.