[Nfbv-announce] Fwd: accessibility Challenges with Student Loan Notifications - We need to hear from you

Christopher Vinson chrisvinson1 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 19 14:44:26 UTC 2016

Student Loan Notifications:
If you have experienced accessibility issues with student loan
communications, we need to hear from you.

In October 2014, we entered into an agreement with the US Department of
Education to make all federal student loan information accessible to blind
individuals. Under the agreement, the DOE and its loan servicers should now
offer: (1) accessible websites; (2) digital forms that can be filled out,
submitted, and saved on electronic devices; and (3) timely provision of
alternative formats for all documents, including notices, statements, and
publications.

If you have had difficulty receiving accessible federal student loan
information in the past year or otherwise believe that the DOE or one of
its loan servicers is not fulfilling its obligations under our agreement,
please contact Valerie Yingling at vyingling at nfb.org as soon as possible to
discuss.

Tracy Soforenko

President, NFB of Virginia